ADOTS Seeks Volunteer to Lead on Life Issues
All life is valuable from conception to natural death. So says the Christian Faith, and the constitution of our church.
And yet this value is being recognized less and less in our society. Our diocese is committed to advocating for the most vulnerable in our society. Are you called to assist us by serving as the main representative of this effort?
We have created a new Volunteer Position called Representative for Life Issues. The person called to this ministry will work with Canon Greg to:
- Establish liaison relationships with Anglican for Life and Georgia Right to Life and represent ADOTs to those organizations.
- Use current diocesan communications channels to inform, inspire, and report to the diocese on life issues.
- Prepare reports to the annual ADOTS synod on life issues, facilitate workshops at ADOTS events.
- Facilitate a team of people to discover or create helpful resources for use by churches.
- Recruit a team of volunteers who will be trained “life representatives” in each church.
- Help facilitate churches and member participation in pro-life trainings and events.
Those who apply must be a member of an ADOTS church and have 2 or more years of involvement in pro-life ministry. He or she must demonstrates solid written and verbal communication skills and be able to gather and lead volunteer teams. He or she must exhibits energy and enthusiasm and an interest in working in this area.
Is that you? Please consider applying!
This is a non-stipendiary position. However, limited travel expenses are available for pre-approved trips and conferences including the Anglican4Life annual summit and GA Right to Life gathering.
This is expected to be a minimum 24 hour per month commitment.
Are you the person for this? Do you know someone who might be? Please help us prayerfully find a leader for this important role.
Click here to download the full Volunteer Position Description